We all know that drinking up to 8 glasses of water a day is important to stay hydrated throughout the day. However sometimes it can be a bit boring to drink plain water and I, too, find myself forcing to drink more and more. We humans respond to visual data better than any other and if something is appealing to the eye, we are more likely to eat/drink it.
This is why I am going to share 5 delicious recipes with you to spice up your plain, boring water!
Detoxification basically means cleansing your body from impurities and toxins and nourishing your body with healthy foods. Detox water has gained a lot of popularity among the society. It has many benefits for clearing the skin, for weight loss and for reducing inflammation. The unique thing about detox water is that you put sliced fruits/herbs into the water and wait for them to infuse with the water, I put it in the fridge and it takes about 30-45 minutes.
Strawberry & Lime
Cucumber & Lemon
Orange & Cinnamon
Green Tea Detox
Apple & Cinnamon
- Strawberries boost the immune system and have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
- Lime/Lemon boosts the immune system and helps rejuvenating the skin
- Cucumbers fight inflammation and aid the digestion
- Oranges boost the immune system and flush out any toxins in the body
- Apples aid weight loss and flush out any toxins
- Green tea is high in antioxidants and aids the weight loss by boosting the metabolic rate
- Cinnamon boosts the metabolic rate and improves the brain function
- Mint fights depression and aids the digestion
These are only my personal favorites and which I find healthy for my body. However everyone has a different taste and health concerns, altered versions of the recipes accustomed to your preferences is also possible. Just play with some fruits, herbs and see what you like.